Multiple dates. Starts March 29th|
University of Brighton, Falmer Site
Basketball England Level 2 (2023)
This is the standard level of coaching qualification for all club coaches at local level. The award gives a general overview of all aspects of basketball, and a basic introduction to sports coaching. Scroll down for dates and payment (only via purchasing a ticket on this site)
Time & Location
Multiple dates. Starts March 29th
University of Brighton, Falmer Site, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9PH, UK
About the Event
VC 1: March 29th 6.30-9.30pm
VC 2: March 31st 6.30-8.30pm
VC 3: April 12nd 6.30-8.30pm
VC 4: April 13th 6.30-9.00pm
VC 5: April 14th 6.30-8.30pm (Optional date will be confimed closer to the day)
Face to face day 1: April 2nd 9-5pm (Sunday)*
Face to face day 2: April 9th 9-5pm (Sunday)*
Face to face day 3: April 16th 9-5pm (Sunday)*
*University of Brighton Sports Centre, Village way, Brighton, BN1 9PH
£275 per candidate through purchasing a ticket on this website.
This is the standard level of coaching qualification for all club coaches at local level. The award gives a general overview of all aspects of basketball, and a basic introduction to sports coaching. Learners can expect to cover the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of the coach
- The coaching process (plan, do, review)
- Individual fundamentals
- Team fundamentals
- Developing team play
- Sports science
- Moments of the Game (Attack and Defence)
Who is the course for?
This course is specifically for individuals who have experience of coaching and are operating in a club environment.
Successful achievement of this course allows learners to coach independently. This can lead to paid or voluntary roles in the club environment. It can also lead to further learning or training in the area of coaching basketball and/or other related areas.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be appropriately identified
- Hold a level 1 basketball coach award*
- Have experience of playing basketball at local / regional / national or international level
- Be able to evidence delivering basketball coaching sessions over the past twelve months
- Have access to a minimum of a level 2 basketball coach in their club environment.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Have access to a laptop/tablet, good Wi-Fi and microphone to participate in virtual classroom sessions. Any special learning requirements must be made clear at the registration process
**If learners do not hold a Basketball England level 1 award but meet the remaining eligibility criteria identified above, they can be accepted onto the course. A witness statement must be obtained by a coach in their club to confirm their experience of delivering basketball coaching sessions over the past 12 months. Details of this should be submitted upon registration of the learner details. For questions, please email email@example.com.
What is the format / duration of the course?
The course is delivered through a blended learning approach. This consists of:
- E-learning via the Basketball England e-platform
- 5 virtual classroom sessions:
- Session 1: The Principles of Great Coaching Delivery (1.5 hours)
- Session 2-3: The Coaching Process (2 hours each)
- Sessions 4-5: Moments of the Game (2 hours each)
- 2 x face to face tutored sessions at a regional venue, facilitated by a Basketball England tutor
- Completion of 4 linked and progressive coaching sessions in a club environment (supported by a mentor)
- Practical assessment (in your club environment by an approved Basketball England assessor).
- Ticket type
This is the ticket for one candidate. Please make sure you understand the eligibility requirements for the course. Please complete one form per candidate and make sure you are available to attend all the dates in the course to give yourself all the chances to successfully complete all assessments and be awarded the level 2 coach badge.Price£275.00