Basketball England Level 2 Club Coach Award
Time & Location
About the Event
VC 1: March 21st 6.30-8pm (Monday)
VC 2: March 21st 8pm-10pm (Monday)
VC 3: March 22nd 6.30-8.30pm (Tuesday)
VC 4: March 22nd 8.30-9.30pm (Tuesday) & March 26th 9-10am (Saturday)
VC 5: March 26th 10am-12pm (Saturday)
Face to face day 1: April 2nd 9-5pm (Saturday)*
Face to face day 2: April 9th 9-5pm (Saturday)*
*University of Brighton Sports Centre, Village way, Brighton, BN1 9PH
£225 per candidate by transfer only to:
Community Basketball Initiative
20 12 80
This is the standard level of coaching qualification for all club coaches at local level. The award gives a general overview of all aspects of basketball, and a basic introduction to sports coaching. Learners can expect to cover the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of the coach
- The coaching process (plan, do, review)
- Individual fundamentals
- Team fundamentals
- Developing team play
- Sports science
- Moments of the Game (Attack and Defence)
Who is the course for?
This course is specifically for individuals who have experience of coaching and are operating in a club environment.
Successful achievement of this course allows learners to coach independently. This can lead to paid or voluntary roles in the club environment. It can also lead to further learning or training in the area of coaching basketball and/or other related areas.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be appropriately identified
- Hold a level 1 basketball coach award*
- Have experience of playing basketball at local / regional / national or international level
- Be able to evidence delivering basketball coaching sessions over the past twelve months
- Have access to a minimum of a level 2 basketball coach in their club environment.
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
- Have access to a laptop/tablet, good Wi-Fi and microphone to participate in virtual classroom sessions. Any special learning requirements must be made clear at the registration process
**If learners do not hold a Basketball England level 1 award but meet the remaining eligibility criteria identified above, they can be accepted onto the course. A witness statement must be obtained by a coach in their club to confirm their experience of delivering basketball coaching sessions over the past 12 months. Details of this should be submitted upon registration of the learner details. For questions, please email email@example.com.
What is the format / duration of the course?
The course is delivered through a blended learning approach. This consists of:
- E-learning via the Basketball England e-platform
- 5 virtual classroom sessions:
- Session 1: The Principles of Great Coaching Delivery (1.5 hours)
- Session 2-3: The Coaching Process (2 hours each)
- Sessions 4-5: Moments of the Game (2 hours each)
- 2 x face to face tutored sessions at a regional venue, facilitated by a Basketball England tutor
- Completion of 4 linked and progressive coaching sessions in a club environment (supported by a mentor)
- Practical assessment (in your club environment by an approved Basketball England assessor).