March 1st & 2nd 2024|
University of Brighton Sports Centre
Intro to coaching Basketball Award March 1st & 2nd 2024
The course has an accessible learning format consisting of: E-learning (approximately 3 hours / To be completed on your own time) Virtual classroom (March 1st from 6:30pm to 8:30pm) Face to face learning (March 2nd from 13:00pm to 17:00pm) Brighton Uni Sports Centre, Village Way, Falmer, BN1 9PH.
Time & Location
March 1st & 2nd 2024
University of Brighton Sports Centre, Falmer, Brighton and Hove, Brighton BN1 9PH, UK
About the Event
Dates to remember
VC 1+VC2: March 1st 6-8pm
Face to face session: March 2nd * 13:00-17:00pm
*University of Brighton Sports Centre, Village way, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9PH
This course has been developed to provide learners with the confidence to deliver safe, fun and inclusive basketball sessions under the supervision of an independent coach.
The course has 6 hours of contact time with a Basketball England tutor and also incorporates e-learning (approximately 3 hours).
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the Coach Assistant
- Identify how to create a great participant experience in Basketball
- Identify the basic principles of the game
- Identify the core skills needed to play the game
- Develop ideas on how to deliver safe, fun and relevant games
- Have confidence to deliver to small groups
Who is the course for?
Individuals who usually attend this course are:
- Aspiring coaches
- Parent helpers
- Coaches in other sports
- Physical activity leaders
It may also be suitable for Teaching Assistants or Teachers along with ex-players who have no coaching experience. Teaching Assistants and Teachers may wish to access the Introduction to Teaching Basketball Primary or Secondary when these are available.
Format / duration
The course has an accessible learning format consisting of:
- E-learning (approximately 3 hours)
- Virtual classroom (2 hours)
- Face to face learning (4 hours)
- Be at least 14 years of age
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
It is recommended that learners have access to a mentor to support their development as a Coach Assistant. It is advised that the mentor is a recognised independent coach or qualified teacher.
- Ticket type
Intro to coaching basketballSale ends: Mar 01, 6:30 PM
Mar 01, 6:30 PM
Ticket includes online resource pack, online learning modules, Virtual class and Face to Face class and is non refundable. To access the 100% bursary for local Brighton residents within the BN2 post code area, make sure to email email@example.com with you ID and proof of address.Price£115.00