Mon, Nov 07|
Intro to Coaching Basketball Course
The course has an accessible learning format consisting of: E-learning (approximately 3 hours) Virtual classroom (2 hours) Face to face learning (4 hours)
Time & Location
Nov 07, 2022, 7:00 PM – Nov 14, 2022, 9:00 PM
Brighton, Village Way, Brighton BN1 9PH, UK
About the Event
Dates to remember
VC 1: November 7th 2022 (Monday) 7-8pm
Face to face session: November 12th 2022 (Saturday)* 9-3pm
VC 2: November 14th 2022 (Monday) 7-8pm
*University of Brighton Sports Centre, Village way, Brighton, BN1 9PH.
Please complete payment through the registration form. The cost for this course is £125. Candidates from the East Brighton area (residency to be proven via recent copy of utility bill) can claim a full refund upon succesful completion of the course. Please check if you qualify by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org your postcode in advance.
This course has been developed to provide learners with the confidence to deliver safe, fun and inclusive basketball sessions under the supervision of an independent coach.
The course has 6 hours of contact time with a Basketball England tutor and also incorporates e-learning (approximately 3 hours).
Please note that participants in this course are responsible for reading and understanding the eligibility and Online learning requirements. The online learning is not the same as the Virtual Classes. The Tutor will not be responsible for completion of this part of the course
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the Coach Assistant
- Identify how to create a great participant experience in Basketball
- Identify the basic principles of the game
- Identify the core skills needed to play the game
- Develop ideas on how to deliver safe, fun and relevant games
- Have confidence to deliver to small groups
Who is the course for?
Individuals who usually attend this course are:
- Aspiring coaches
- Parent helpers
- Coaches in other sports
- Physical activity leaders
It may also be suitable for Teaching Assistants or Teachers along with ex-players who have no coaching experience. Teaching Assistants and Teachers may wish to access the Introduction to Teaching Basketball Primary or Secondary when these are available.
Format / duration
The course has an accessible learning format consisting of:
- E-learning (approximately 3 hours) * This requires downloading the course app and completing all modules and quizes. Candidates are fully responsible for downloading and completing this part ot the course. The course tutor is not responsible for the E-learning.
- Virtual classroom (2 hours)
- Face to face learning (4 hours)
- Be at least 14 years of age
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
It is recommended that learners have access to a mentor to support their development as a Coach Assistant. It is advised that the mentor is a recognised independent coach or qualified teacher.
- Ticket type
Intro to coaching basketball
This is a L1 equivalent for coaching basketball and it will provide you with the essential tools to deliver basketball sessions in community sessions. This is an assistant coaching level course and is suited for anyone willing to take on a career in coaching or teaching sports. The course has an accessible learning format consisting of: E-learning (approximately 3 hours) Virtual classroom (2 hours) Face to face learning (4 hours)Price£125.00